This position assists the Shop Manager in managing and overseeing the daily operation of the shop, supervising shop employees and directing the work in an efficient and productive manner to meet required daily goals and Manheim’s quality and service standards when preparing vehicles for sale.
· Supervise the inspection of vehicles to ensure the required repairs and work is satisfactorily completed.
· Manage the workflow and activities of the shop employees to ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established Manheim quality standards.
· Monitor process and work with production employees to ensure SOP is being adhered to.
· Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
· Communicate, discuss, and resolve reconditioning goals, results, and problems with the Operations Manager.
· Responsible for ensuring all services are accounted for and appropriately charged against the vehicle.
· Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as necessary, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and conducting performance appraisals.
· Use PT Scanner, VCF, and any management tool to track production and post charges.
· Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values, and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
· Monitor and control the use of supplies, materials, and equipment for the recon shop and with the approval of the department manager purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
· Monitor and aid in ensuring established guidelines for a safe work environment are met to achieve compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
· Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance
against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
· Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
· Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the manager. May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
· High School Diploma with 5 years of relevant experience and/or BA/BS with 3 years of relevant experience.
· 2 – 5 years of vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical, and/or body shop experience required depending on the departmental specialty.
· Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred
· Excellent people, teamwork, and customer service skills.
· Strong communication and interaction skills required. Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills are required.
· Must have a valid driver's license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards
· Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk, and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.