- Verify vehicle information based on work order information – identify the damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems by inspecting all customer vehicles at the time of receipt (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment), noting any damage or repair to frame/paint, engine noise, AC/heater operation, radio, tire condition, etc.
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation.
- Set up a system for day-end; perform day-end procedures.
- Maintain knowledge to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Write electronic condition reports (ECR). • Conduct OVE courtesy walk-around inspections.
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of improvements and changes concerning body mechanical, frame labor, inspection techniques, etc.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally, less than 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver's license required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (i.e., inspections, body/mechanic shop, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Successful ICP Level I have written/field exam.
- Understanding of Baseline Inspections (Electronic Condition Report) & vehicle grading.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Body, paint, and mechanical repair knowledge.
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame vehicles.
- Good organizational skills are needed.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instructions required.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs. at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level. May be exposed to fumes and odors.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Hourly pay rate is $14.28 - $21.35/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.