Our Sales SA positions will require 25-35% travel to partner and customer offices.
What does the Sales Solutions Architecture Team do?
Sales Solution Architects work in partnership with Solutions Specialists (Sales Representatives) and serve as their technical counterparts in all phases of the sales lifecycle. From evangelizing technologies to demonstrating our feature-rich Cloud Reliability Platform, our job is to help customers figure out and solve their cloud initiatives. We do this by taking a consultative approach in our discovery and assessment phases with the output being solutions that are built with reliability, performance, and security baked-in on top of our Managed Cloud Portfolio. As an integral part of the Solutions Architecture team, you will design systems that are purpose-built and well suited to their target infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
As a Solution Architect you will:
- Provide Pre-Sales technical support to the GTM Team to drive revenue and cloud adoption
- Conduct full technical discovery and assessment workshops to identify pain points and gather business and technical requirements. This will include Well-Architected Reviews, Migration Readiness Assessments, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, Control Tower, etc.
- You will architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements using a well architected framework methodology
- Clearly communicate proposed architectures in the pre-sales cycle for early validation and verification to the internal teams responsible for implementing and providing ongoing support
- Be a technology evangelist and educate prospects and customers on the cloud solution that makes the most sense for their business and technology requirements
- Interface with Product Marketing and provide feedback for improving product quality and capabilities by leveraging information gathered in field engagements
- Collaborate in the creation of technical collateral (e.g. SOWs, HLDs), and help develop sales staff by providing formal training
- Produce Statements of Works (SOWs), create Build of Materials (BOMs) and develop cost estimates for Managed Services engagements
- Provide thought leadership by speaking at industry events such as trade shows, panels or marketing events as well as publishing blog posts, white papers and participating in case studies
What Techie Attributes We're Looking for In You:
- Relevant Industry-leading certification required: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect – Expert (or equivalent)
- Deep understanding of the following Public Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of containerization & virtualization technologies; e.g Kubernetes, Docker
- Understanding of IAAS / PAAS / SAAS platforms; e.g. EC2, VMs, etc.
- Understanding IaC tools; e.g. Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Understanding of different Disaster Recovery and data protection principles
- Understanding of PCI, HIPAA, GDPR regulatory compliance frameworks
- Understanding of Relational and Non-Relational Databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, NoSQL)
- Expertise in networking, compute, storage and OS fundamentals
What General Attributes We're Looking for In You:
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, a self-starter, and willing to step up to new challenges. Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- A BA/BS Degree with 4+ years of experience, or a MS Degree with 2+ years of experience, or a Ph.D with up to one year of experience, or 8 years of overall experience without a degree
- Background and experience working in the context of a sales team
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal organizations
- Ability to speak at public events in front of large audiences is a bonus
- Fluency in English is a must
Successful contributors display the following personality traits:
- They’re intensely curious while displaying analytical, problem-solving, and dot-connecting skills with the ability to develop quick, accurate situational awareness
- They display strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written and are comfortable with individual and group presentations
- They have cultivated strong interpersonal skills and have experience initiating and building positive relationships
- They are comfortable within a rapidly changing technical environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
What makes this an exciting opportunity?
Working at a high-growth company is exciting on many levels. You’ll have wide latitude to grow your technical skills and the company actively encourages learning and pays you to gain industry recognized certifications. You’ll find unusually broad opportunities to expand your knowledge and grow your career. New ideas and lateral thinking are the norm, and you’ll find your team and other cross-functional groups are receptive to them, because everything you do here is visible and matters. We are in an industry (the hyper cloud) that is doing cool stuff and the pace-of-change creates exponential areas of growth opportunity - both personally and professionally.
Compensation includes a base salary of $147,100.00 - $220,500.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. In addition to the salary range identified herein, this role is also eligible for an annual incentive/commission target of $52,800.00.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.