Land Use Agent I obtains easement, access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinates with local municipalities and pole owners for permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Participates in conversations to ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinates contractor work and make-ready, obtains permits, Pole Applications, and access or ROW agreements, and distributes design prints and other necessary working documents.
- Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Processes invoices and payments for third-party make-ready.
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project meets due dates.
- Work with transportation related entities and various regional Railways for permitting and right of way coordination
- May function as a company representative with other utility and state/local entities.
- Research and reviews plans, gathers necessary data for project.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, and utilities on joint trench projects.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, secures easement, access or ROW agreements, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- Coordinates with construction team and landowners to prepare easements and draw easement plats.
- Performs research on land deeds and existing easements and facilitates easement recordation with various Clerk of Courts offices.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database, reconcile assets, and generate reports.
- Attend utility coordination meetings with city engineers
- Coordinate with 3rd party engineering contractors for Make Ready documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and up to 2 years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Network Ops, Construction, Permitting, Civil Engineering, Field etc.)
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbally as well as be able to present effectively in front of groups of people
- Requires strong knowledge of Power Point, excel and word.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization and external vendors.
- Experience in Right-of-Way permitting in a telecommunications industry.
- Experience working with municipal permitting and public works departments.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.