We are seeking a Software Engineer II to join our Consumer Signals and Intelligence team at Cox Automotive!
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a significant role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward remarkable results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
As a Software Engineer II you will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines that support downstream stakeholders such as websites, advertising, data science and data analysts.
- Implement and design custom data streaming applications using technologies like Kafka, AWS, and Scala
- Prioritize and practice the infrastructure as code principle with Terraform and AWS CDK
- Build, deploy and test using CI/CD best practices
- Participate in the exploration and proof of concept of new technologies as they become available to the team
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor, and support a highly performing and highly available production system
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
Technologies We Use:
- AWS cloud-native architectures in multiple regions
- DevOps Tools: Terraform, Jenkins, Github, Kubernetes
- Database: DyanmoDB, Neptune, Snowflake
- Monitoring and Alerting: New Relic and PagerDuty
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Team contributor and actively engaged in team discussion and problem solving
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, frontend or backend development of client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Professional experience with Java, AWS, TypeScript, Python, DevOps tools, SQL, CI/CD pipeline and API creation
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.