- Maintain all buildings, property, equipment, and landscaping for the site.
- Perform minor repairs and general maintenance on the heating and air conditioning system.
- Perform routine carpentry work in the repair and maintenance of buildings, offices, etc.
- Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment, such as trucks, street sweepers, and riding mowers.
- Operate snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintain all buildings, property, and equipment for the site.
- Ensure all equipment is working correctly and under standards for the recon department.
- Ensure all buildings are kept clean.
- Empty and clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working condition and comply with applicable safety rules.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., moving furniture, unloading and storing supplies, etc.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of maintenance experience required.
- Skill and knowledge to perform light electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC repairs required.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver's license required.
- Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb.
- Medium strength. Ability to lift 1-50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts hazard, electric shock hazard, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.