This position manages the overall operation and administration of all vehicle check-in and inspection (ECR) functions (Dealer, Commercial & Specialty). Key responsibilities include scheduling appropriate staffing to match the flow of incoming vehicles, facilitating training activities to assure timely delivery of accurate, high quality vehicle data, condition information & digital imaging. The Vehicle Entry Manager communicates & coordinates with all auction support departments to assure timely delivery of data meeting both Manheim's & the customers' requirements.
- Direct activities of vehicle entry check-in function to ensure vehicles are recorded in AS400 properly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct the documentation of vehicle condition writing and condition report and/or computer data entry.
- Maintain and develop vehicle entry check-in function staff and inspection function staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and by providing educational opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate all skill-based training of inspector and check-in workforce including the Inspector Certification Program (ICP) in coordination with the national trainer.
- Ensure employees are given opportunity to advance their ICP levels as per the ICP Guidelines.
- Actively engages all departments within the operating location and MI field management to effectively ensure compliance of SLA Requirements and completion of high-quality condition reports efficiently as possible.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Monitor vehicle volume and trends and adjust schedule accordingly.
- Review and monitor policy loss from condition reports.
- Responsible for setting work schedules to match vehicle arrival flow trends
- Work with vehicle entry check-in & inspections employees to provide quality service and product to customers in efforts to meet Manheim key performance targets.
- Requisition equipment, materials and supplies for the Vehicle Entry Dept. and oversee maintenance and protection of department equipment.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Train for and obtain Inspector Manager Certification Program (IMCP) certification.
- Ensures employee compliance with auction and government work rules.
- Provide motivation while coaching and counseling employees.
- Counsel and discipline employees as necessary.
- Analyze, compile, and conduct regularly scheduled performance reviews for onsite employees with input and assistance from the Operational Excellence support managers.
- Complete physical audits as prescribed by Manheim Inspections QA Program. Review arbitration results to identify training and or counseling needs.
- Review vehicle condition reports and vehicles with customer / client representatives to provide for specific needs. Forward client specific requests that vary from InSight ECR standards to Manheim Operational Excellence for review.
- Perform Quality Audits to Manheim QA program standards. Adhere to Manheim and NAAA standards and policies .
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, and squat. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required including close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 7+ years of related experience with at least 1 year experience in a management or leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.