Sr. Manager, Operations Management
The Sr. Manager, Operations Management – will lead the Operations and Production organization for Spiers New Technology/EVBS, a Cox Automotive Company. The Sr. Manager will lead a team dedicated to providing client satisfaction by achieving operational goals aligned with maintaining safety, people, production, and quality targets while driving continuous improvement and operational efficiencies. This individual will be responsible for achieving revenue growth, managing margins, costs, budgets, and forecasts aligned with the companies’ goals and objectives.
The Individual will Develop and Execute the Operations Strategy by:
- Creating and delivering on the operational vision and roadmap for the company, across the site
- Establishing and measuring progress against performance goals
- Implementing process driven innovation and quality, maintaining certifications
- With a safety- first mindset, create, implement, and maintain processes that meet or exceed environmental and health standards.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the Engineering Team, Recycling and Sales teams to allow ongoing feedback and collaboration related to workstreams.
Collaborate with Sales to engage with clients to generate revenue and meet growth targets
- Meet with and host potential clients as part of the sales process.
- Establish and maintain a regular cadence of client communication.
- Ensure an excellent client experience.
Lead the Team - Create a culture of excellence that demonstrates Cox values and mirrors the community
- Demonstrate and model leadership by providing direction and guidance to employees.
- Manage and develop direct reports by teaching, training, coaching, and developing, while creating a diverse workforce
- Exhibit servant leadership qualities in regular interactions with direct report team and colleagues
- Determine individual and team goals; hold employees accountable for meeting goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role; or the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 5 years’ experience.
- Prior experience with EV Batteries
- Ability to collaborate in a matrix environment, with a proven track record of positive results and innovation.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills and/or solving client needs.
- Ability to develop and execute a strategy and set, communicate, and deliver on a workplan in an evolving market. Ability to follow-through
- Broad industry experience and knowledge of electric vehicles, automotive and vehicle servicing, and support
- Comfortable leading in ambiguity.
- Ability to Influence and negotiate with a wide range of audiences, internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills - flexible, collaborative, positive attitude, highly motivated and curious about market evolutions
- Presentation skills - ability to convert analysis and business plans into compelling, persuasive presentations.
- Expert-level proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the automotive industry
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.