- Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash from ashtrays, console, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc., as well as trunk and engine compartment.
- Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business. Disassemble spare tires in trunk.
- Wash vehicles using a high-pressure washer or automatic car wash equipment. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals.
- Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire , exterior panels, trunk, hood, and interior and exterior windows. Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes.
- Buff vehicles by applying dressing to engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells and tires, vinyl tops, etc. Apply compound, cleaner and/or polish to vehicles interior, and buff out using a rotary buffer (or by hand as necessary). Wax and buff exterior and all painted surfaces of vehicles using a hand-type buffer.
- Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery. Straighten seatbelts.
- Clean glove box making sure that warranty booklet, owner's manual and other manufacturer issued information is returned.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
*$1,000 Sign on bonus*
($500 paid out after 30 days of employment, $500 paid out after 90 days of employment)
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Generally, less than 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Previous experience in detail shop or buffing experience helpful.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver's license required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Medium strength: ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Moderate noise level.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.