The Senior Database Administrator(DBA) is responsible for designing, developing and implementing new Database technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Install and maintain database software.
- Manage backup and recovery of databases using RMAN and/or Network Appliance Snapshots.
- Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases.
- Develop database procedures, triggers and SQL scripts for development teams.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team to ensure that all standards are met.
- Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Hot Standby/Data Guard, Oracle Goldengate, Advanced Queuing, Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years of experience in Oracle database technologies
- Prior experience writing PL/SQL triggers and/or procedures.
- Experience with Database SQL and Database tuning.
- Experience with Oracle GoldenGate is a plus.
- Experience developing ansible playbooks is plus.
- Experience working in AWS is a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.
- Working knowledge of LINUX and shell scripting.
- Experience configuring database network connectivity.
- Understanding of database backup and recovery techniques using RMAN and Network Appliance filers.
- Experience with high volume websites that use multi-tier architectures a significant plus.
- Experience using Oracle Real Application Cluster’s and implementation best-practices.
- Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance.
- Experience setting up and Managing OEM 13c is a plus.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.