Everyone knows a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. But you? You’re a strong link. Mighty, even. And that’s just what we’re looking for!
As Warehouse Operator I , you’ll keep things moving smoothly between home base and our boundary partners, touching every step of the distribution process. If you’re a multi-tasker with flair and focus, give us a shout today!
What’s In It For You?
At Cox, our people come first…and that’s not just a company line. Here’s a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- We enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- As you grow your family, rest assured that you’ll be covered by our inclusive parental leave policies.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even provide paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
- And much more!
What You’ll Do
An outfielder without a glove is just a person standing in grass. A knight without armor is just a guy with a sword. Making sure that people have the right equipment is an important task, and you’re an integral part of that distribution process. Your responsibilities will include::
- Supporting the distribution of materials and Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) to various boundary partners.
- Utilizing the Integrated Communications Operations Management System (ICOMS) billing system application and scanners to assign (and receive returns from) serialized CPE and other materials to boundary partners.
- Researching and resolving CPE returns that are in improper statuses.
- Using the CHAT Pallet Builder application and scanners to prepare returns for shipment-includes sorting, boxing, labeling, shrink-wrapping and staging of CPE returns
- Providing pickup, delivery and loading/unloading of CPE, materials, equipment and mail by safely operating fleet vehicles.
- Inspecting fleet vehicles and equipment for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips.
- Utilizing light warehouse equipment.
- Aiding in periodic serialized CPE (ICOMS) cycle counts and annual inventory.
Who You Are
You’ve got an eye for detail and love the feeling of checking off a list. That’s one of the many reasons we like you! You’ll also need the following:
- An aptitude for learning how to operate warehouse equipment.
- A valid drivers’ license.
- The ability to operate a standard truck/vehicle.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Forklift certification (preferred).
- 1+ years of related work experience (preferred).
- Familiarity with basic warehouse software/systems (ORACLE, CHAT Pallet Builder, etc.) (preferred).
- High School Diploma/GED and up to 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Ability to operate a standard truck/vehicle
- Excellent skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Familiar with basic warehouse software/systems (ORACLE, CHAT Pallet Builder, etc.)
- Certification in Forklift certification
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- 1+ years of related work experience preferred (e.g., warehouse operations)
- Aptitude to learn how to operate warehouse equipment (pallet jack, stretch wrap machine, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Apply today and help us keep Cox Communications moving smoothly!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.