The Senior Director, Retirement Plans, will oversee the strategic design, maintenance, and administration of retirement plans for 55,000 plan participants. This role will lead the retirement plans strategy and administration, including ensuring all applicable compliance and distribution of plan notices and disclosures.
This leader will operate as a key member of the Benefits Senior leadership team, acting as the subject matter expert providing counsel across the organization around retirement plans best practices, trends, compliance, and administration. This leader will set forth the retirement plan administration strategy and oversee the implementation of short-term and long-term talent strategy required to meet business objectives.
- Leads the team responsible for the administration and management of all qualified and non-qualified retirement plans.
- Consults on retirement plan solutions to senior business leaders and stakeholders utilizing expert insight to make competitive recommendations aligned with business needs and culture.
- Leads the selection of key benefits partners, execution of contracts, and managing overall consulting budget of over $1 million annually.
- Develops, articulates, and implements retirement program strategy by leading the exploration of employee needs, industry trends and evolving benefits practices / state-of -the-art offerings, including financial wellness.
- Monitors industry and other large companies for potentially impactful benefits, changes, trends and challenges.
- Oversees the execution of a monthly retirement payroll of approx. $18MM for over 13,000 retirees and survivors.
- Leads the identification of project opportunities to optimize the retirement plan’s function.
- Oversee and manage volatility related to retirement plans. Leads efforts to monitor, evaluate and enhance all aspects of retirement benefits, financial wellness strategy, processes, and administration.
- Influences, develops, and executes benefits and other People Solutions policies and practices on a company-wide basis.
- Engages with other senior and executive leaders to define, recommend, and approve benefits related concepts, plans, and programs.
- Influences and/or leads benefits policy and program development in partnership with senior management.
- Owns, along with Benefits leadership, the design, analysis and implementation of benefits plans, policies, and procedures, including supporting acquisitions and divestitures.
- Monitors overall benefits program metrics, evaluating and determining improvements to ensure the company remains an employer of choice, while meeting legal responsibilities, and ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Provides strong, strategic leadership and direction for the retirement plans team, including multiple direct reports. Proactively identify development opportunities for the retirement team.
- Oversees mid- to long-range workforce and staffing plans ensuring the appropriate talent resourcing is achieved to meet business deliverables.
- BA/BS Degree and 12+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of people leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing qualified and non-qualified retirement plans.
- Expertise in actuarial reporting. Must be able to perform validation and QA proactively and autonomously.
- Deep understanding of retirement plans, industry trends, laws, and regulations.
- Experience in retirement administration systems and tools.
- Demonstrates exceptional professional / technical and methodological retirement plan expertise in a manner that challenges current company and industry practices.
- Ability to execute upon strategy set forth by leadership and make recommendations on the operationalization.
- Excellent partnership skills required; must be able to influence and lead with no formal authority relying on deep subject matter expertise and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses the ability to draw insights using data and to make meaningful recommendations based on business rationale.
- Strong executive presence; must be comfortable resolving issues and interacting with C-Suite leaders.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations related to retirement plans.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.