The Technical Analyst understands the business/project needs & works with Business Analyst to validate the business requirements and determine the system requirements. The Technical Analyst collaborates with the design teams to determine application, database, & other system impacts based on the requirements. The Technical Analyst works closely with other members of the technical teams to ensure all requirements are addressed in the solution design.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Works with Business Analysts to interpret customer and business needs and translate them into application, system, technical and operational requirements.
- Engages and participates in projects/applications requirement sessions in order to ensure proper technical requirements are clearly documented, testable, and managed.
- May work closely with business and boundary partners (Field Operations, Customer Care and vendors) to support application lifecycle from development through implementation.
- Communicates technical and business aspects of work efforts between team members.
- Determines impact on existing applications & databases based on requirements. Understands applications and systems and provides development input to architects/engineers during the analysis phase.
- Provides project manager with time and resource estimates for technical requirements.
- Works with technical team to ensure all requirements are addressed in solution design.
- Coordinates with QA for testing new features and bug fixes to verify results are as expected.
- Works directly with Development and QA teams to complete application implementations with minimal impact to customers.
- Develops technical documentation, processes, installation procedures and service guides, application training information and may assist in the development of end-to-end documentation for various projects and supported products/applications.
- Participates in peer review of solution design documentation.
- Reviews vendor documents as appropriate including detailed functional specifications, and file and field layouts and determines if vendor solutions meet Cox requirements.
- Develops measurements and reports on key service-level metrics.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the architecture standards, a high-level understanding of the business, and a deep understanding of respective domain architectures (business, information, application, technology).
- Depicts the enterprise information conceptually, logically and physically.
- Identifies architectural implications of the business requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree in related discipline (Information Systems/ Computer Science) with generally less than 2 years of experience required in a related field (Information Systems/ Technology); OR 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and PowerPoint
Excellent executive presence, interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
Strong relationship building skills
Strong communication skills. The ability to successfully understand and communicate analytics artifacts, business insights, and resulting implications to non-technical business partners
- BS/BA degree + 2 years of experience preferred in related discipline (Information Systems/ Computer Science)
Experience in Telecommunications or Broadband industries deired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.