The Lead Enterprise Application Engineer will be responsible for the ongoing development and operational support of the Mosaic/Fusion platform. This role works closely with Field Operations, Engineering, Customer Care, Analytics and other EDO teams to ensure platform capability of supporting correlation of network events and evaluation of device telemetry in an effort to provide device diagnosis. This role ensures the overall health of the Mosaic/Fusion platform and all associated integration points. This position may also involve oversight of other members of the project team.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Collaborates with other teams (Architecture, Engineering, Technical Operations and Quality) to develop detailed application implementation solutions
• Architects, develops, builds and implements highly secure, compliant, resilient, cost effective and high performing solutions for assigned groups or disciplines.
• Performs application configuration, extension, integration and performance tuning.
• Develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates and tests solutions.
• Investigates opportunities to use new and emerging technologies.
• Develops and delivers key reporting metrics and insights related to the cost and utilization of infrastructure services.
• Ensures team-wide application of standard operating procedures for development, deployment, support, break-fix and systems management.
• Assesses usage and utilization trends to make design and implementation recommendations toward scaling an infrastructure’s architecture.
• Leads and collaborates with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production, integration or application issues.
• Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations.
• Assesses impact of system changes on users and internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Possesses a clear understanding of the architecture standards, a high-level understanding of the business, and a deep understanding of respective domain architectures (business, information, application, technology).
• Drives process improvement in device configuration workflow and information across the entire infrastructure that meets our business expectations.
• Manages, the creation and tracking of processes, procedures, and documentation that improve platform/environment stability, availability, and production parity.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline (Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field) and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18 years’ experience in a related field
• In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Kafka and similar frameworks.
• API development and troubleshooting
• Previous programming or software development experience
• Knowledge of scripting languages including Java and Python
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude, ability to face the challenges in a fast-paced environment within a customer experience-focused operations organization.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate and quantify reported service interruptions
• Demonstrated ability to manage Service Level objectives
• Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of leadership at Cox Communications
• Demonstrated ability to apply troubleshooting processes
• Displays expert level written, oral, problem solving, interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, team environment
• Requires working knowledge of engineering or related processes
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Snowflake/AWS
• Familiarity with network performance platforms
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.