At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand .
As a Director of Enterprise Sales , you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as an ambassador of the Cox brand.
This role will serve as the site leader with responsibility of selecting, managing, leading and developing a high-performance sales team that sells across all Cox product lines as well as emerging new products and services.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the role include leadership, planning, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with a focus on team success.
- Ensures the effective leadership of the sales management team to achieve the organization’s financial objectives.
- Analyzes the productivity of the overall sales organization and recommend adjustments to staff, quotas, commissions, and resources to maximize results.
- Conducts reviews of direct reports to ensure performance standards are met and, if not, takes immediate action to improve performance level.
- Hires Sales Managers with the abilities required to lead the achievement of sales and other business goals
- Coaches, develops and manages Sales Managers to improve individual and team performance and capability.
- Collaborates with local Human Resource coordinator and Cox Business Services Atlanta to ensure the personnel and training needs of the sales team are met.
- Develops tactical plans for base protection, competitive threats, growth, and market development across all current and new emerging products.
- Approves and coordinates sales accounts and territory agreements.
- Oversees channel strategies of direct reports, ensures an appropriate balance of channel relationships, and implements corporate programs and policies for new channels.
- Collaborates with Finance, Marketing, and Engineering or others as required in the annual budgeting process. Recommends sales quotas, compensation plan adjustments and management targets that will meet or exceed budgeted sales objectives.
- Develops, manages and monitors the Department’s Sales and Retention Plans. Takes proactive measures to keep the Sales Department on a plan. Reacts quickly with corrective action when sales are not meeting expectations.
- Develops programs, campaigns, policies, and resources to maximize the efficiency of the sales organization and the productivity of each sales channel.
- Partners with Marketing, Operations, Installation, Finance, Construction and Engineering in a matrix environment to ensure that strategies and processes are aligned. Works with counterparts at Corporate and Residential as required ensuring the system is selling in alignment with corporate/regional sales strategies.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the system, across systems, and with corporate/regional staffs. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Leads sales team meetings to communicate progress toward sales targets and changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Develops appropriate tracking metrics and provides regular sales reports on the performance of the sales organization. Maintains regular (pipeline) reports determining if there are sufficient sales opportunities at all stages of the sales cycle to achieve budgeted sales targets.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of business cases for capital investment, based on the return on investment, for opportunities rolled up by the management team. Reviews commission policies, reports, and payments as required.
- Controls expenses and maximizes capital investments while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, cloud, and video products and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultative sales skills, and sales management and negotiation skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- BS/BA Degree plus 10 years of sales experience in related field achieving objectives and quotas. (8 years with a Masters, 5 years with a Ph.D. and 14 years experience with no formal degree)
- 5 years of experience in sales management
- Strategic visioning experience and aptitude for change management.
- Requires 6 months of work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in building relationships and building the sales organization; business sales skills; PC skills. Must demonstrate business acumen and have the ability to coach and develop sales teams, marshal resources, promote accountability, and engage in high impact communication and continuous learning. Must be able to set a sales unit strategy to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS :
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience selling Managed Services, Cloud and new emerging technologies
- Executive level business relationships in the market or experience in quickly building relationships in the market
Compensation includes a base salary of $137,300.00 - $205,800.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. In addition to the salary range identified herein, this role is also eligible for an annual incentive/commission target of $67,080.00.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.