Cox Automotive is looking for a Sr Data Program Manager who will take ownership of all data, analytics, and insights that underpin our Content and SEO teams’ excellence. The Data Program Manager is a vital member of the Content & SEO team, ensuring that key data is available and scalable. This person provides critical insights that enable our team to deliver thought leadership and drive outsized business impacts across the enterprise.
- Supervise the work of the Content Reporting Analyst to ensure that reporting is timely and accurate.
- Ensure that our data and reporting pipeline is efficient both from a cost and resource perspective.
- Work with data architecture to ensure our data program remains current and scalable.
- Provide data insights and market context to our SEO Product Managers so that we can continue to be a world-class team.
- Provide data insights and market context that identify opportunities that result in continued growth in Editorial reach and engagement across all audience acquisition channels.
- Provide organic traffic forecasting for business planning cycles.
- Take ownership of all documentation that supports the program.
- Take ownership for recommending solutions that help the team achieve operational and financial goals.
- Education and Experience : The candidate must have 4 years of experience with technical SEO and data programs plus a bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business, statistics, economics or a directly related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical skills : The candidate must possess strong technical skills with Excel, SQL, Python, and Tableau to succeed on the job. They must also possess strong technical acumen so that when partnering with data architects, they can work together effectively and achieve scalable solutions.
- Mastery of SEO fundamentals and the ability to apply that knowledge to enterprise-level domains.
- Excellent Analytical skills : The applicant must have the ability to analyze large datasets, apply statistical tools and models, and provide recommendations to support the development of long and short-term business strategies.
- Strong website knowledge and research skills : It is essential that the candidate has experience in detecting trends and determining correlating metrics that isolate essential relevant information for sound decision-making. It is crucial that the candidate has the domain knowledge to autonomously undertake research and collect data to identify future trends based on past performance. This is a major part of their responsibility and is fundamental for influencing business decision-making.
- Preferred skills : 3+ years of experience with WordPress and/or marketing channel attribution
- Organizational skills : The candidate must have strong time management skills and an above-average ability to multi-task proactively and respond to issues as they arise. They must use proven methods to manage themselves and others, be adept at problem-solving, able to follow procedures, and be flexible enough to creatively develop solutions and workarounds as needed.
- Communication skills : The candidate must have great written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey information and develop presentations for all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility : The candidate must monitor KPIs for deviations in expected outcomes and be willing to adapt their measuring metrics and tasks as business priorities change.
- Interpersonal skills : The candidate must have excellent rapport-building skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships across functional and reporting levels.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $84,600.00 - $127,000.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company’s needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.