- Design, develop and maintain frameworks for our iSeries/AS400 system
- Proficiency in IBM I-Series (AS/400) technologies – Language (RPG400, RPGLE, SQLRPGLE, COBOL400, COBOL ILE) , CLLE, Database/Display/Subfile concepts, DB2/400, SQL/400, Oracle SQL, Postgre SQL
- Participate in the design and development of new features requested by our Product Team
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Guide, coach, and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems or other related fields and 6+ years of relevant experience
- 6+ years development experience in several languages like RPGLE, SQLRPGLE, CLLE, Java and Drools
- 6+ years in IBM DB240, Oracle SQL and Postgre SQL
- Experience developing microservices, APIs and event based systems
- Ability to successfully resolve stressful production issues
- Strong experience with repository tools such as Git
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.