Hospitality Network Technician II supports the growth of the system by assuring the quality performance of the installation and technical support for operations. Ensures the quality of services provided to end users meets or exceeds established standards. Coordinates with all functional departments regarding the optimization of overall business efforts. Maintains and repairs Video On-demand (VOD), MATV systems and wireless networks.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs Video On-demand (VOD), MATV systems, wireless networks and peripherals associated with data links and interface elements of the HPMS (Hotel Property Management System)
- Perform daily function of repairing system problems
- Interact positively with the hotel personnel to maintain excellent customer relations (Engineering, Security, Housekeeping, and Front Desk)
- Perform non-responding room checks and assist hotel engineering with fixing system issues
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly appearance in the hotel headend and distribution closets
- Perform hotel deliveries when required
- Submits the Daily Flag Report (completion of tasks assigned, total number of hotel rooms responding >=98%, VOD/MATV/wireless network outage response rate)
- Perform the monthly movie digital/tape update
- Troubleshoots LAN and WAN connectivity over DSL, Fiber, HFC, and Ethernet
- Perform daily completion of job closing procedures
- Provide technical assistance to hotel engineering
- Work with other field technicians to perform troubleshooting
- Report daily status to the Cox/Hospitality Network Service team
- Remain current on the latest technology through completion of required or recommended training
- Remain current on Perform PC and work-related computer set-up, troubleshooting and repair
- Maintain fiber MATV distribution
- Balance amplifiers/line extenders to include hotel headends and distribution closets
- Assist with other tasks as needed or as assigned by the Supervisor or the HN Tech II (Lead) to improve the delivery of service to hotels
- Perform quality assurance checks on the various VOD technologies employed by Cox/Hospitality Network
- Assists and trains new HN Field Tech I in standard installation, service and repair techniques as well as equipment and safety procedures as assigned.
- Mentors HN Field Tech I in continued system, operations training and development.
Qualifications - Internal
- High school diploma/GED with 7 years of experience in a related field (Field Operations, Technical Operations, Commercial Operations) or an AS/AA degree, BS/BA degree or certification in a related discipline with 5 years of experience in a related field
- Requires strong knowledge of Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 95, Microsoft Access, Metil, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Unix, Navicat, MySQL and PCAnywhere
- Proficient working knowledge of switches, routers, hubs and emulators
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Valid NV driver’s license and driving record that meets Cox standards
- Ability to work different shifts, including weekends
- Ability to work on an “On-Call” status, including holidays and overnight shifts
- Ability to view Adult-oriented material
- Proficient troubleshooting and organizational skills
- MATV/Computer experience
- Prefer certification in A+, N+ certification or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.