- Efficiently and effectively communicating with clients, admins, and supervisors.
- Driving a Lot crew of 5-8 Driver's at a time, off site to pick-up locations.
- Utilize mobile device to ensure proper flow of vehicles.
- Assist supervisor in directing the work of employees.
- Communicate schedules and assignments to the crew members.
- Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties.
- Shuttle employees to and from lots; provide transportation to employees parking inventoried vehicles at remote sites.
- Perform daily maintenance and routine checks of the van and clean and service the vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Generally, less than 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Safe driver's needed; valid driver's license required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Must be able to pass physical examination to obtain medical card for driver's license, if driving vehicle that requires CDL license.
- Basic mechanical knowledge (i.e., changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump starting vehicles.)
- Knowledge of local roadways
- Ability to effectively use mobile devices to manage workflow.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.