This ain’t your first rodeo, as they say. You know your way around an auto shop and all its gadgets. And now, you’re looking for a career that acknowledges where you’ve been, respects where you are and supports where you’re going.
At Manheim (a Cox Automotive company), we’re looking for a Senior Auto Maintenance Tech. You bring your skills and enthusiasm to the table, and we’ll provide you with awesome pay, benefits and growth opportunities. Keep reading for details!
You might be asking “what’s in it for me?” Great question. Here’s a taste of the benefits we offer:
- Sign-on bonuses (available now).
- Once you’re on board, earn referral bonuses (the amount varies based on job type). You’ll earn at least $1K for each new eligible technician referral you provide.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- 30+ days of paid vacation and company holidays (effective year 1) for full-time employees because we know you need time to recharge. Up to 44 paid days off with more time on the job.
- Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Up to $1.5K in free tools for our new auto techs.
- Career growth through Cox Auto University training, opportunity for GED reimbursement, free ASE training/certification and more!
- Flexible work schedules with overtime opportunities.
- Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
As a master-level auto tech, you’ll perform heavy duty work and the duties of a level 1 and 2 auto tech. Other responsibilities include:
- Working independently or in a team environment.
- Performing advanced diagnostics.
- Clutch and transmission replacement.
- Identifying required parts and partner with our parts & procurement teams to acquire necessary parts, supplies and materials.
- Alerting team lead and/or management about difficult issues, patterns and trends.
- May upfit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- May be required to perform OEM recalls.
Who You Are
Let’s start with the obvious: you love cars. You’re at the top of your game and are looking toward the future. You also have the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Current ASE status when required.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- 5+ years of automotive service and repair experience.
- The ability to drive standard, automatic and electric vehicles.
- ASE Certifications: A1-9, (L1 in emission states).
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.