This person will identify and negotiate profitable product line opportunities that meet individual and corporate objectives with customers, both new and existing, in a geographic area of responsibility.
This is a remote work from home opportunity. This person must reside in Michigan, the territory is the Eastern portion of Michigan, including the South East Michigan metro area.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and identify revenue and profit opportunities in market.
- Develop quarterly sales plan by customer to direct and maintain profits.
- Obtain and conduct interview with prospects in a position to buy.
- Obtain sales through preparation of price quotations and proposals.
- Complete sales contract, financing, trade-in, and delivery arrangements.
- Complete the following as required: Call reports, customer profiles, and marketing surveys.
- Provide support to trailer rental, parts, and service by maintaining customer satisfaction and promoting all company offerings to encourage customers to utilize Trudell Trailers for all their company needs.
- Advise management of inventory levels to ensure customer requirements.
- Participate in vendor training and product line training sessions when offered.
- Establish and maintain friendly, yet professional relations with suppliers, manufacturers, customers and co-workers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of project specifications, features, benefits, advantages and cost date across all product lines.
- Participate in sales meetings, both on a weekly basis and annually when offered.
- Responsible for achievement of CRM expectations by customer and prospecting activities.
Who you are / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field
- Sales experience, preferably in the Transportation Industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop business relationships at all levels within an organization.
- The ability to negotiate to ensure margin expectations are in line with corporate objectives while at the same time meeting customer requirements.
- Successful time and territory management experience and strong self-motivation skills.
- Experience in the following areas: sales and service, negotiations, strategic planning, marketing, and problem resolution.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.