- Must be able to manage all inbound & outbound transportation requests from dealer clients via email and/or phone in a timely manner. Including, but not limited to inbound vehicles for our weekly sale, outbound no sales and purchased units.
- Obtain accurate contact information from our dealer partners and communicate client names and pick-up addresses to all in-house and external transportation vendors.
- Obtain accurate client and vehicle information including Year/Make/Model & VIN for all pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Communicate daily with all transportation vendors (Ready Logistics, Roadrunner, and local transportation partners). This includes estimated pick-up dates/times and providing all gate passes for vehicle release.
- Communicate all vehicle break-downs to our tow service partners as quickly as possible to ensure vehicle/property safety. Will directly communicate vehicle status to our Dealer Service Coordinators so vehicle can be properly routed on sale day.
- Establish solid and meaningful relationships with our dealer clients and Field Sales staff to help streamline weekly pickups. Identify key contacts and learn dealer behavior to anticipate pick-up and drop off requests.
- Communicate all dealer/commercial account information (4MIL & 5MIL numbers) to all transportation vendors to ensure proper Vehicle Entry check-in.
- Support in the clerical management of the transportation workload by reconciling the transport log each day, providing information to the team, and submitting charges to Posting and Procurement for posting.
- Submitting charges to Posting & Procurement weekly (sometimes daily) to ensure Manheim and vendors are being paid appropriately
- Assist and manage customer care issues and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Project a positive image for Cox Automotive and Manheim Denver with all internal and external customers and employees at all time
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor or other management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline.
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
- 1 - 3 years of Auction experience or 2 - 4 years of dealership experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in sales support role desired.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Vehicle logistics
- Solid computer skills, including the ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and depth perception.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Hourly pay rate is $18.94 - $28.46/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.