Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
CAMFS is one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country! We are currently operating with 500+ mobile trucks and 20+ shops. As a leader and innovator in the mobile fleet service industry, we provide preventative maintenance excellence with proprietary technology tailored to each customer's unique needs. Our business has experienced substantial organic and acquisitive growth in the past few years, with additional significant future growth expected soon. As our business continues to expand, we are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to fill the positions now available on our talented team of professionals.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Body Shop Manager to join our Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Team to support the future growth of the Company. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Working closely with body shop and trailer technicians, sales staff and customers ensuring Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services is providing excellent customer service, minimizing costs, and identifying the best solutions for repairing and maintaining customer’s vehicles.
- Providing leadership and supervision to technicians and supporting staff in the shop, to ensure a high level of efficiency, productivity and safety standards are met.
- Planning, development, meeting short and long-term goals and objectives for the two (2) departments, which include Trailer Service and Repair and Body Repair.
- Assure technicians in all repair departments have the necessary training and information to perform repairs on trailers and commercial vehicles.
- Manage and implement labor and parts pricing, to ensure profit goals are achieved.
- Creating and fostering good working relationships with customers, vendors, and company partners.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and safety policies.
- Communicate with customers via email, fax, or phone to provide updates on vehicle repair status, obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss billing items.
- Review repair orders (RO) for accuracy and ensuring proper description of symptoms, problems, and causes are listed, as well as repairs and services performed based on what technicians submit are captured, entering RO into service database system.
- Support ad-hoc projects related to the DFS priorities and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year experience in a related field; or 10 years’ experience in a related field.
- 1+ year of experience in management or lead role.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Required
- Understand profit and loss statements, and ability to manage a team of up to 15 employees.
- Familiarity with Karmak preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, along with listening skills to interact with customers, employees, and vendors.
- General understanding of the Department of Transportation (DOT), federal, state, and local regulations affecting vehicle maintenance operations
- Strong computer and Windows office suite skillset, with strong Excel and data entry skills, and the ability to learn new platforms (such as DFS IT Systems, including Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Action Oriented: Has a sense of urgency daily; is action oriented; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Technician Focus: Will seamlessly adjust leadership approaches and technique to manage a diverse set of technicians.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers/technicians in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/technicians and gains their trust and respect.
- Systems: Demonstrated ability to learn and use IT systems related to technician day to day activity and performance, such as various dispatching software, reporting tools, Workday, Salesforce, Kronos, Power BI, etc.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he disagrees.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving: Can identify problems and develop practical solutions. Able to understand internal constraints and avoid a ‘take it or leave it’ approach to problem-solving.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.