This position is responsible for providing customer service, processing paperwork, assisting with scheduling, and supporting other administrative functions for the lot operations department.
• Perform basic data entry into the AS 400 computer system as needed.
• Maintain constant communication with commercial accounts department, customer support team, quadrant and account coordinators, supervisors, and other auction personnel to ensure effective coordination of lot operations activities.
• Answer phones, provide support to lot operations employees, and provide excellent customer support.
• Respond to customer requests for assistance and ensure timely resolution.
• Support manager in the coordination of departmental scheduling, working with temporary agencies, serving as point of contact and recording employee absences, etc.
• Process all lot operations department paperwork. Forward all invoices and items to be posted to the appropriate areas in a timely manner.
• Assist in the coordination of sale day line-up and execution of sale day activities (i.e., drive, assist customers in locating vehicles, etc.).
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma/GED
Generally less than 2 years’ experience in a related field
1 – 3 years customer service experience required. Previous clerical or administrative experience preferred.
Effective communication skills required.
Good problem-solving and organizational skills required.
Ability to operate general office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
Good computer software skills required.
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks; manual dexterity.
Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.