- Self-starter who is ready to jump in and create software which fully considers all aspects of performance, security, reliability, and monitoring in a multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum team which uses ceremonies such as daily standup, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Use test driven development techniques which ensures the software being developed is not breaking existing functionality
- Document and communicate the design of the systems you produce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members across the release train to solve complex problems
- Ability to use tools like New Relic, App Dynamics to instrument and monitor software performance.
- Monitor system operational metrics such as memory CPU utilization, transaction timings, and errors
- Work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility to ensure successful software delivery
- Understand a wide range of tools and technologies. Stay current on relevant technology developments in the industry
- Understanding of billing domain is a plus.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- 5+ years in developing software, with at least 3+ years in Java
- Track record of designing, implementing, and bringing to production systems in a multi-tenant, cloud-based SaaS platform
- In-depth knowledge of how to design and optimize access of relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Development of software which runs on and integrates in the Cloud with a preference for AWS technologies such as ECS/EKS, SQS, SNS and RDS
- Creation of containerized solutions which can be run with Docker
- Development of software which interacts with messaging systems such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Creation of APIs using RESTful techniques
- Experience in creating new infrastructure with tools like Terraform
- Use of distributed version control software such as Git
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of database and messaging technologies
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.