This position will lead a team dedicated to providing client satisfaction by achieving operational goals aligned with maintaining safety, people, production, and quality targets while driving continuous improvement and operational efficiencies in addition to the overall operation and administration of all vehicle check-in and inspection (ECR) functions (Dealer, Commercial & Specialty). Key responsibilities include scheduling appropriate staffing to match the flow of incoming vehicles and facilitating training activities to ensure the timely delivery of accurate, high-quality vehicle data, condition information, and digital imaging. The Manager will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with all auction support departments to ensure the timely delivery of data, meeting both Manheim's and the customers' requirements.
- Manager will lead a team dedicated to providing client satisfaction by achieving operational goals aligned with maintaining safety, people, production, and quality targets while driving continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- This individual will be responsible for achieving revenue growth, managing margins, costs, budgets, and forecasts aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain a regular cadence of client communication.
- Lead the Team - Create a culture of excellence that demonstrates Cox values and mirrors the community.
- Direct activities of vehicle entry check-in function to ensure vehicles are recorded in AS400 properly and in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct the documentation of vehicle condition writing and condition report and/or computer data entry.
- Maintain and develop vehicle entry check-in function staff and inspection function staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and by providing educational opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate all skill-based training of inspector and check-in workforce, including the Inspector Certification Program (ICP) in coordination with the national trainer.
- Ensure employees are given an opportunity to advance their ICP levels as per the ICP Guidelines.
- Actively engages all departments within the operating location and MI field management to effectively ensure compliance of SLA Requirements and completion of high-quality condition reports as efficiently as possible.
- Plan, monitor, and evaluate job performance and conduct performance appraisals.
- Monitor vehicle volume and trends and adjust the schedule accordingly.
- Review and monitor policy loss from condition reports.
- Responsible for setting work schedules to match vehicle arrival flow trends
- Work with vehicle entry check-in & inspection employees to provide quality service and product to customers in efforts to meet Manheim key performance targets.
- Requisition equipment, materials, and supplies for the Vehicle Entry Dept. and oversee maintenance and protection of department equipment.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Ensures employee compliance with auction and government work rules.
- Provide motivation while coaching and counseling employees.
- Counsel and discipline employees as necessary.
- Analyze, compile, and conduct regularly scheduled performance reviews for onsite employees with input and assistance from the Operational Excellence support managers.
- Complete physical audits as prescribed by Manheim Inspections QA Program.
- Review arbitration results to identify training and or counseling needs.
- Review vehicle condition reports and vehicles with customer/client representatives to provide for specific needs.
- Forward client-specific requests that vary from InSight ECR standards to Manheim Operational Excellence for review.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 6+ years of related experience with at least 1 year experience in a management or leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Auction and/or vehicle registration experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, safe drivers needed.
- Good computer and software knowledge (AS400 is essential)
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to prepare and present reports to senior management.
- General mechanical knowledge preferred.
- Effective problem solving and customer service skills.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $76,300.00 - $114,500.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.