- Perform data entry of required information in the AS 400 system of vehicle identification number (VIN), and other descriptive information.
- Manage account relationships, maintaining effective communications and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Maintain vehicle files; verify title information; log in titles when received; create and file in folders. Work with title department to ensure that a negotiable title is obtained for each vehicle assigned to the account.
- Work with posting clerk to ensure completion of recon, transportation, and all other vehicle charges are applied to the appropriate vehicle in the AS400 system.
- Respond to customer inquiries relating to vehicles. Provide quality service and assist in resolving problems.
- Mail out sale packages the day after sale.
- Pull and update consignment inventory information of vehicles transmitted by customer. Investigate transmission errors. Verify vehicle eligibility for the sale and provide customer with inventory reconciliation report.
- Communicate with Transportation department in order to arrange required transportation or obtain information including transportation condition reports, bills, etc. Pull transmitted transportation charges as needed.
- Establish customer vehicle files in the computer system. Update vehicle files on a continuous basis with standardized abbreviations to assure that vehicle location, condition, special announcements, and other activities relative to the vehicle are properly recorded.
- Seek floor price information from account representative and enter it into computer system.
- Review, enter, and update vehicle condition report information in the computer system. Pull and print electronic condition reports. Provide customer with copies as necessary.
- In coordination with account representative, account operations coordinator, and account specific procedures, prepare sale vehicle run process including run order, scheduling, notice to customer account, etc.
- Follow up on vehicle preparation for the sale by reconciling incoming bills against ordered work/repairs for each Institutional customer vehicle. Contact customer coordinators, service vendors and/or account representative when the information is missing, or problems occur.
- Communicate with accounting department in order to balance the sale and perform post-sale invoicing for accounts receivable as needed.
- Maintain and update physical vehicle inventory files that document all activities relative to each customer vehicle, assuring accurate sale processing/closing records.
- Communicate with Online Operations department in order to prepare assigned vehicles for online programs.
- Prepare various reports, lists and handouts such as sales and expense report, sold vehicles by net amounts report, dealer attendance report, lot and transportation damage report, block summaries, etc.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Wear multiple hats as well as perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and up to 1 year of experience;
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Prior clerical or administrative experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Good communication and organizational skills required with strong attention to details.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
- Must be able to operate adding machines and other office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.