Assistant Store Manager I
Getting a sales team stoked about selling is a special talent. Sure, a good sales team already shows up with loads of ambition, but as an Assistant Store Manager I, you’ll help them align around creating the best sales experience possible. You’ll share your contagious passion for excellence, while keeping up with performance for the store. Marketing and merchandising programs are part of your purview, from helping develop sales strategies to growing the customer base. And you’ll keep a keen eye on the competition, watching pricing trends for peak positioning.
You know the drill with retail schedules - it’s all about your flexibility. So, know that working some evenings, weekends, and holidays are a part of the overall picture. You’ll report to the Store Manager, while indirectly managing the team of pros at our store…and when the Store Manager is out, you’re handling some of their day-to-day responsibilities. Speaking of responsibilities…
What You’ll Do
Along with what we just described; we’ve put together a list of some of the other things you’ll need to do as an Assistant Store Manager I. You’ll:
· The ASM I typically oversee a smaller to moderate volume store with fewer transactions and lower customer traffic. They indirectly manage a team typically consisting of 2 to 5 sales representatives
· Translate performance goals and objectives for the team as well as individual employees (sets weekly, monthly, and individual sales goals)
· Manage against store revenue to drive acquisition and retention initiatives (monitoring progress, providing feedback, adjusting goals as needed to achieve store targets).
· Provide ongoing training and coaching for sales staff to ensure sales performance objectives are met
· Facilitate weekly sales meetings to ensure sales associates are aligned to corporate initiatives, including customer and product strategies
· Serve as a point of escalation for complicated sales and/or customer disputes
· Ensures staff is properly trained by planning and executing training, identifying opportunities for staff development, and coordinating execution of corporate learning initiatives
· Support troubleshooting for customer technical problems and sales tools related issues
· Assesses local competitive assortment and pricing trends and escalates competitive discrepancies to leadership
· Serve as the SME of all product knowledge and agent sales tools
· Assist with hiring, onboarding, developing, and scheduling sales staff
· Assist with daily cash reconciliation and weekly store audits as assigned
· Assist with store and sales floor inventory to ensure alignment with Corporate store design strategy
· Assist with Operational Expenses and Cost Optimization (Headcount, Inventory Budget, Workforce Management, and other store expenses)
It’s a lot of work, but with great responsibility come great rewards. Read to find out more.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay plus uncapped commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
• Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
• Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
· HS diploma, GED, or equivalent relevant work experience required; some college with a focus in sales, business and/or management is a plus
· 5 years of sales and/or customer service experience; 3 years’ experience with an advanced degree
· Ability to motivate and coach staff to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to build relationships and adapt to a diverse customer base required
· Strong business acumen with an understanding of how to run a successful store
· Ability to be mobile in store for long periods of time to assist with greeting customers and demonstrate products and services
· Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; able to prioritize and adjust approach based on current environment
· Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
· Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
· 1 year of management or leadership experience (preferably in Wireless, Telecommunications and/or Retail Sales)
· Previous experience with store operational duties
· Experience selling Wireless/Mobile products
· Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken
· Leadership experience is ideal
Come join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.