Enterprise Business Development Expert (Lender Solutions Expert)
Cox Automotive is at the forefront of a changing industry – the automotive industry. As we develop new software and digital solutions that lead the charge, our sales teams bring those innovative solutions to their clients to help solve some of their biggest challenges. If it’s your objective to represent one of the top automotive companies in the industry that is transforming the way the world buys, sells, and owns vehicles, then Cox Automotive is your destination.
Do you have a talent for identifying opportunities and building client relationships ? If so, then the Lender Solutions Expert might be just the role you’re seeking! In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting and cultivating opportunities and negotiating deals for the Kelley Blue Book and Manheim Market Report data, presenting these solutions to some of Cox Automotive’s largest revenue clients. We need you to be a master at managing multiple high-profile partnership opportunities, have a polished executive presence, and have keen attention to detail.
You’ll be client-facing and working cross-functionally within the division, partnering closely with the KBB, Manheim, Lender, Business Development, and Data Strategy teams to develop strategic opportunities for the organization. This remote role will require approximately 50% travel, and you will report to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Information Sales.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Identify, prioritize, and secure strategic partnerships within the assigned segment, driving incremental value for Cox Automotive as measured by net new revenue captured
- Quickly develop a funnel of opportunities and, over time, a book of business for Cox Automotive’s s information services solutions
- Work with product, sales, marketing, and other teams, as needed, to socialize partnership concepts and gain feedback
- Think strategically about the best, holistic Cox Automotive data solutions for prospective clients. Partner with other sales teams responsible for selling other services/solutions across Cox Auto when the best solution for a prospective client includes multiple services.
- Maintain cross-organization product knowledge to further identify opportunities supporting professional, team, and Cox Automotive goals,
- Balance priorities with requests for special projects and/or assignments while maintaining appropriate focus on goals; drive to outcomes with urgency
- Ability to create value for Cox Automotive through internal and external relationships
- Ability to assess a partner’s business through presentations, research, and analysis
- Define and establish white space opportunity
- Lead in contract negotiations and pricing discussions
- Partner with the Data Strategy organization to understand Cox Automotive’s data licensing philosophy and understand sales governance principles that have been established to define acceptable and unacceptable use cases. Work with prospective clients to develop creative solutions that add significant value to clients while working in concert with Cox Auto data licensing principles.
- Work with key internal subject matter experts to analyze current industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats and make data-driven recommendations on the best path forward
- Represent Cox Automotive Information Services at national trade shows like the National Automobile Dealer’s Association annual event or the American Financial Services Association annual conference.
- As new deals are closed, work with existing teams to transition clients to them for ongoing account management, allowing time to continually focus on additional net recent sales.
- Leverage technology and/or Information Services sales expertise to represent the value of Cox Automotive’s strategic assets. Use familiarity with data delivery platforms, client data ingestion capabilities, and data pricing methodologies to creatively develop approaches that best meet clients’ use cases and structure deals that are advantageous for Cox Automotive.
- Develop knowledge of critical competitive Information Services solutions available in the marketplace and demonstrate an ability to successfully position Cox Automotive’s solutions relative to these competitors.
- Collaborate as appropriate with other members of Enterprise Sales who are also focused on selling other products and services to the largest national target accounts of Cox Automotive
What’s in it for you?
As a dynamite Lender Solutions Expert, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package , plus additional incentives including highly sought-after yearly sales awards and recognition for our top salespeople. We are an inclusive , sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- Looking for tools and training to up your game? We’ve got them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends.
- We believe in taking good care of our team. You’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission , 401(K) with company match, and quality healthcare & life insurance options .
- Cox gives you flexible paid-time-off and provides access to a lifestyle coach, adoption assistance, pet insurance, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Bottom line, we take good care of our employees . Want to join us?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Understanding of API/SAAS, capabilities, limitations, and applicable processes
- 8+ years of business development, product management, marketing, relationship management, and/or business consultancy experience
- Demonstrated comfort selling technical solutions such as other Information Services products or technology solutions sold in a subscription service model
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrated successful sales experience, including significant net new proactive development of strategic clients and new revenue streams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, polished with an executive presence
- Entrepreneurial mindset and high level of accountability; own and manage the opportunity
- Knowledge in structuring business terms and use case
- Creative problem solving
Come join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $89,900.00 - $134,800.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.