At Manheim (a Cox Automotive company), we give a variety of vehicles a second life. We’re looking for a Supervisor, Reconditioning Service to help keep the process as well-oiled as the vehicles we restore. In this role, you’ll assist the shop manager in overseeing daily operations. Are you at your best while bringing the best out in others? If so, we may have a place for you!
You might be asking “what’s in it for me?” Great question. Here’s a taste of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive pay with opportunities for annual bonuses.
- Unlimited paid vacation time (effective day 1) because we know you need time to recharge.
- 7 company paid holidays (effective day 1).
- Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our awesome healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
- Supervising the inspection of vehicles.
- Managing the workflow and activities of the shop employees to ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring employees have the proper equipment and are properly trained.
- Communicating and resolving reconditioning goals, results, and problems with the operations manager.
- Assisting manager in monitoring and evaluating employee job performance and conducting performance appraisals.
- Using management tools to track production and post charges.
- Leading by example and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Monitoring and controlling the use of supplies, materials, and equipment for the recon shop.
- Enforcing all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
Who You Are
You’re passionate about leadership and are comfortable delegating responsibility and planning projects. But most of all, you’ve got a love of cars, from the Alpha-Romeo to the Zenos. Here are some of the qualifications that brought you here:
- HS Diploma/GED and 4+ years of relevant experience in a related field (vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical and/or body shop experience); or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Excellent people, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interaction skills.
- A working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations is preferred.
Apply today and show us what kind of leader you can be!
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.