The AJC’s mission is to be the most essential and engaging source of news and information for the people of Atlanta, of Georgia and the South. To achieve that mission, we will transform ourselves from a storied daily newspaper into a modern media company. Where reporters, product masters, video/audio technicians, digital authorities and more who are delivering excellent work across diverse creative platforms, industries and borders to inform and enlighten our audiences. We are seeking a Strategic Account Manager to support and enable political sales performance across multiple products.
The Strategic Account Manager will support the Manager of Political Revenue and Sales Strategy, as well as political advertising account executives through the entire lifecycle of their clients’ digital sponsorship, print, and event sponsorship campaigns. Pre-sale responsibilities will include activities such as compiling research, presentation development, and participation in client calls. Post-sale, they will serve as the client’s primary contact for campaign activation. Campaign activation responsibilities include coordinating between the client and internal fulfillment teams to ensure accurate and on-time launch of all campaigns, managing the timeline from sale to campaign launch. They will monitor campaign performance, escalating any issues to the account executive and provide mid-campaign updates to client as needed. Post-sale duties will include campaign reporting and presenting findings and recommendations for future campaigns to account executive and/or client. This individual will be accountable for the account and focus on the success of the client’s campaign, identifying opportunities for upsell and retention of the revenue. This individual will be well versed in all owned and operated print and digital products (AJC.com, e-paper, apps, printed paper, & all other new product development) and manage up to $5M in revenue.
Individuals in this position will be able to work under high pressure, deadline-driven time frames, be self-starters, problem solvers, and detail oriented, as well as provide administrative and customer support related to post-sale activities.
- Consultatively support, retain, and grow customer accounts in conjunction with Political Manager and political account executives.
- Identify opportunities and brainstorm on new revenue streams with Political Manager, political account executives and Revenue Content Team
- Carry out marketing research and analysis, gathering information from internal subject matter experts on all parts of client proposal.
- Build pitch presentations
- Attend prospect and upsell pitch meetings with Political Manager and political account executives.
- Responsible for managing and confirming accurate, timely execution of campaigns.
- Utilize sales automation systems (CRM, Ticketing, creative workflow) to manage day to day activity and update AE and manager on client performance through system-generated reports and customer dashboard
- Acts as a subject matter expert for O&O digital and print products
- Maintain communication and relationships with key partners in ad operations, the Revenue Content Team and other departments for fulfillment of all campaigns.
- Manage communication on deadlines for all campaign assets
- Manage post-sale client communication and meeting set-up.
- Create and communicate campaign reporting with insights to clients and internal stakeholders.
Specialized Tasks (Events)
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert regarding event promotions and products/offerings
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field.
Experience in industry desired
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.