Technical Project Senior Manager (Engineering Forecast Program Manager)
The Engineering Management Office (EMO) Plays a crucial role in delivering strategic network engineering Programs to achieve Cox’s mission to connect our customers to the people and things they care about most. Our Engineering teams are building tomorrow’s Network today. EMO Program and Project Managers contribute to this success by managing engineering initiatives to deliver network assets and services that contribute to sustaining and growing our Network. In addition, the Forecast Program Manager focuses on overseeing Program budgets and forecasts.
- Lead Program initiation activities during annual planning events and throughout the year.
- Leverage risk management principles to analyze the current organizational environment and program delivery risk components to formulate a Program plan incorporating risk mitigation activity.
- Align and collaborate with Program Business Owners to understand their engineering objectives and goals and ensure that Program setup will facilitate achieving them.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage Engineering Program budgets and forecasts for programs of varying complexity.
- Diligently track Program financial results daily, including identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Leverage enterprise applications and resources to compile a complete financial update for Program stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships with organizational teams that contribute to delivering Programs, including Supply Chain, Accounting, and Portfolio Management.
- Act as a liaison with the tech services team for data or application issues that impact financials
- Establish and develop solid relationships (collaborate with) Business Owners and other Program Managers on financial plan alignments that result from Program activity changes or other forecast re-planning activities.
- Own the communication for all regular and ad hoc Program financial reports.
- Clearly communicate month-end financial adjustments to business owners.
- Facilitate all financial changes by creating and submitting change requests and monitoring the status until approved.
- Manage all Program financial issues & risks using rational judgment to determine when escalation to Portfolio is necessary.
- Post all financial deliverables appropriately in the team Program Management Plan.
- Conduct regular financial analysis to assess budget health and minimize quarterly variance from baseline budgets.
- Perform labor run rate analysis to ensure that labor forecasts align with monthly forecasts.
- Perform ad hoc financial reviews to support current business conditions, such as material confidence assessments, material delay impacts, etc.
- Partner with the Planning Program Manager in support of all project initiation activities
- Own the financial validation of Equipment Plans during Project Initiation and with any program changes.
- Responsible for translating a Program’s approved LRP (ELI) budget into its initial Baseline budget.
- Advocate, lead, and drive continuous improvements within Programs and across the organization.
- Mentor and coach team members across the Engineering organization.
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline
- 5 years of experience in Program Management, financial management, data analysis, and process improvement; seven or more years strongly preferred
- Financial management and analysis experience
- Technically savvy with data management tools and apps
- Detail-oriented and diligent attention to accuracy
- Strong communications skills are essential and experience managing financial risks
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Skills in process improvement
- Demonstrated potential and ambition to develop skills and knowledge to take on increasingly complex and broad Programs
- Certifications: PMP preferred, ITIL or Six Sigma a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.