The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for managing multiple software development initiatives that may impact one or more business units. Effectively leads teams of software developers and/or managers through Product Development Life Cycles (PDLC's). Understands and follows Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC's) to implement product roadmaps and project plans to meet required goals and deadlines. Actively participates in and/or manages all phases of initiatives including requirements, design, construction, unit testing, QA testing, deployment and on‐going maintenance. Manages quality of software development to minimize risks and ensure that the deployed code is fully functional, efficient, scalable and robust. Participates in implementing software architecture that integrates software products. Has good knowledge of business, including business goals, revenue targets and can articulate the business value of the technology solutions he/she is responsible for.
· Creates and/or reviews technical assessments, rough order of magnitudes and high-level requirements for assigned projects. Works with customer‐facing and governmental organizations to produce final specifications
· Work with product teams in defining roadmap and integrations for products and strategies to ensure quality and consistency throughout the product lifecycle processes
· Works with and may lead High Performance Teams to develop, track and deliver project plans and project deliverables. Appropriately delegates project tasks and provides guidance to build strong leadership and team skills within the project teams.
· Leads direct and indirect team members in providing guidance and resolving issues with development teams and support services
· Ability to drive accountability to teams through SRE practices
· Availability for on-call to lead teams to resolution for production outage incidents
· Assistance in leading the launch of products and service offerings. Interfacing with project managers, development teams and remote teams. Supervises progress of all major aspects of development
· Familiar with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
· Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures appropriate hiring, onboarding, training/cross training, establishes and evaluates team member performance, promotions, salary actions and terminations
· May also be responsible for tasks/activities as assigned by senior management
· Mentoring of team members assigned to team
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and 8+ years of successful experience in software development with at least 3 years experience in a management or lead role OR MS w/6+ years of experience.
• Strong knowledge, experience and proven results in managing software development teams.
• Proven ability to work with cross‐functional business units and understand business needs.
• Strong project planning /management and verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic development environment.
• Excellent leadership with high quality decision making and problem resolving skills.
• Must be focused on the delivery of customer value, in the form of executing software that meets the customer's needs.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction.
• Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $168,700.00 - $281,300.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.