At Cox Automotive, we are forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with EV Battery Solutions, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We are the leading provider of services for the life cycle management of batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment where these batteries are repaired, refurbished, and repurposed.
Job Summary: The Sr. Manager of Engineering will lead the Engineering resources tasked with building products and services aligned to the growth plans of SNT/EV Battery Solutions. The Sr. Manager will work closely with his departmental Leadership as well as key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company. This individual will drive the process for service delivery for deliverables from the engineering organization.
The Sr. Manager is a leader who must effectively guide and build teams to be successful by fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, and high-performance. This person must be able to work through technical, cultural, or organizational impediments, mentor managers staff, and collaborate with other products, architecture, and engineering leaders to develop a healthy organization. The Sr. Manager should have a passion for driving successful results, creating innovative processes, and delivering the optimum products and services to our customers.
- Manages a set of engineering teams.
- Overall responsibility for the engineering and architecture alignment of all solutions for SNT/EV Battery Solutions
- Ensures that team organization, individual development, and communication are in line with the business solution set and broader Cox Automotive vision.
- Builds leadership teams that perform at a high level. Fosters inter-team collaboration and productivity.
- Implements, measures and reports on the execution strategy defined for the team. Execution includes delivery of planned work, with deliverables that meet company standards with respect to quality, scalability, and reliability. Effectively communicates with key stakeholders when either scope or timeline of projects require modification.
- Oversees engineering processes and ability to generate new processes to meet needs. Works closely with senior leadership on continual process improvement and organizational change to support Agile values.
- Responsible for appropriately allocating teams to the highest value investments per business backlog and release planning. Formulate and communicate mitigation strategies for long running projects, or projects where risk is high.
- Tracks and measures project work and programs to assess overall success.
- Responsible for ensuring the program scrum teams’ overall morale and productivity continue to improve.
- Manages career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching.
- Oversees budgeting for team including hardware to support projects, staffing, facilities and tools for development.
- Responsible for engineering brand awareness strategy and implementation as well as responsible for continuing to evolve culture of engineering team to drive Cox Automotive Engineering operating principles.
- Represents Cox Automotive in the local and regional community; building and fostering relationships used to promote community outreach, name & brand recognition, and talent acquisition.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in related field and 8 years’ experience with at least 3 years’ experience in a management leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Background and experience in Automotive industry, a plus.
- Experience in the EV Battery space or Automotive experience, preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel varies, but will be approximately 10%
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- The ability to pass and maintain a clear background and drug test.
This position will primarily work in a climate-controlled office building but will spend time in warehouse facilities and outside.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position primarily consists of office work such as talking, sitting, working at a computer but may include physical aspects such as lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, bending, stooping and good dexterity.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times with or without assistance.
- Reasonable accommodation can be requested to enable employees with a disability to perform the essential functions of their job.
- Build Relationships: Building, leveraging, and maintaining relationships within and across workgroups.
- Champion Change : Actively engaging and supporting change and innovation by communicating the future state, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Develop Self and/or Others: Planning and supporting the development of knowledge, skills, and abilities to fulfill current and future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Drive for Results: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and sense of urgency for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Focus on Customers: Promoting and living customer service as a value. Ensuring that the (internal or external) customer’s needs are a driving force behind priorities, decisions, processes, and activities.
- Value Others: Gaining other people’s trust by “doing the right thing,” demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, supporting an inclusive work environment, and acting in accordance with legal, moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines in support of our values.
The job details included here are intended to provide a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.