Dealertrack is hiring for a Business Services Specialist I to join our team in Sacramento, CA!
Under general supervision, the Business Services Specialist I performs a variety of office support and technical tasks relating to motor vehicle transactions within a fast-paced environment.
- Processes motor vehicle titles, registrations, and validates payment amount
- Enters and retrieves information on the computer and answer Client inquiries
- Prepares registration and titling paperwork, validates and ships registration documents and license plates
- May also be involved in checking, typing, daily cash out, daily shipping, scanning process and any applicable function that supports the registering and titling of motor vehicles
- Performs a variety of office support tasks, including answering the telephone, recording and forwarding messages, answering questions via email, fax or telephone about sales taxes and motor vehicle fees and requirements, and entering data into the computer
- Follow up phone calls and/or emails to customers may be necessary
- Examine documents submitted by customers for motor vehicle titles and registrations
- Review transactions submitted electronically to ensure the transaction is complete
- Complete paperwork to process title and registration transactions.
- Receive payments, including tax payments, from customers for vehicle registration and titling transactions
- Verify information on documents, including but not limited to: taxes and fees, license plate, lienholder information, owner's information and mileage
- Provide assistance to clients by responding to emails and return phone calls from Clients and Client Services
- Process transactions for the public and/or clients via Online Registration Solution products
- Match checks to transactions to ensure proper billing and payment
- Be required to perform the duties of Courier, that includes the delivery and pick up of documentation, registration and license plates from customers within the region
- Accurately ship transactions to Vendors/Registrants/Clients daily
- Scan and save submitted paperwork and/or motor vehicle records to the computer
- Run and/or monitor reports.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist external team members with questions about transactions and/or state processing requirements
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Generally, less than 2 years of experience
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and perform professionally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under time-sensitive requirements
What We Look For (Preferred):
- Knowledge of DMV title and registration process
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Hourly pay rate is $17.12 - $25.67/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.