Senior Accountant on the Enterprise Accounting Services team. This is a role intended to inspire someone to be innovative regarding ideas with automation and robotics. It has the typical accounting responsibilities including completing month end close, reconciliation oversight and providing Revenue accounting guidance; however, this person will look to automate the day to day operations and metrics so that more time can be spent providing information to our business partners helping drive better business decisions. This is an opportunity to think strategically and drive change within an accounting function.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited :
- Maintain complete and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and other Federal and State regulations
- Perform advanced analysis of data looking for and creating automation/robotics opportunities
- Provide excellent customer service to our business partners to help drive good business decision making including reporting on actuals of financials and variances to forecast explanations
- Leads end to end ownership of multiple significant accounting processes to ensure consistent and accurate financial statements, identify anomalies and make recommendations
- Oversight and guidance of our outsourced accounting team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effectively communicate monthly results
- Preparation of documents for review by outside auditors
- Provide subject matter expertise within our area of focus; resolve questions and/or problems
- Develop business partnerships to facilitate and maintain consistent and accurate financial statements
- Monitor and optimize business processes by reviewing operational & financial processes to ensure compliance and effectiveness, identify anomalies and make recommendations
- Provide ad-hoc analysis based on customer need
- Assist with policy updates, development and compliance
- Create and maintain key metrics and monitor KPIs.
- Analytical and detailed-oriented
- Proficient Project Management skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Curious, Proactive, Process Improvement mindset
- Extensive understanding of accounting concepts
- Collaborative and strategic thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Accounting or Finance) required and 4 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 2 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years’ experience in a related field no degree.
- Experience in related field (Finance, Accounting, Business, IT, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Oracle and other tools, etc
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with cross-functional partners throughout the organization
- Team player, reliable, flexible, and active participant on the team
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced changing environment
- Knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft Excel, OneStream, BlackLine, and/or ICOMS.
- Experience working with a centralized or shared services accounting
- CPA or advanced degree
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.