Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
CAMFS is one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country! We are currently operating with 500+ mobile trucks and 20+ shops. As a leader and innovator in the mobile fleet service industry, we provide preventative maintenance excellence with proprietary technology tailored to each customer's unique needs. Our business has experienced substantial organic and acquisitive growth in the past few years, with additional significant future growth expected soon. As our business continues to expand, we are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to fill the positions now available on our talented team of professionals.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Vehicle Maintenance – Fleet Supervisor to join our Management Team to support the future growth of the Company. The Vehicle Maintenance – Fleet Supervisor provides supervision, leadership and technical expertise to employees and assigned shop locations, with a focus on exceptional customer service in a cost-effective manner. The Supervisor will assist leadership in ensuring compliance with corporate policies, develop and execute operational business plans, and implement procedures to improve efficiencies. Operational responsibilities include the fleet maintenance programs, scheduling, monitoring, vehicle assignments, vehicle compliance, accuracy of vehicle data, analyzing data and presenting results.
If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Manage team on all vehicle operations including maintenance, reporting, assignments, scheduling, and vehicle compliance.
- Responsible for training, monitoring, coaching, time management, and performing reviews with team members.
- Establish relationships with local business partners to communicate and enforce corporate fleet policies, processes, and standards.
- Assist management in executing operational business plans and implementing procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Maintain operational requirements by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing production and control standards and procedures while ensuring cost, quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all safety measures, promoting a culture of zero injuries.
- Meet with local customer base and conduct field visits to maintain current knowledge of vehicle operations.
- Work with customers, both internal and external, to resolve escalated service issues and provide support during catastrophic events.
- Maintain outside vendor and service provider relationships.
- Work with manager to utilize team resources to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service against key performance indicators.
- Responsible for compliance and accuracy of invoices, purchase orders and procurement card submissions, maintenance records and vehicle data
- Perform diagnosis, repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field (automotive shop preferred). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience in a related field; a master's degree and 1 year of experience; or a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience.
- 1+ year of experience in management or lead role.
- Computer skills to include knowledge of fleet management software, Microsoft programs, automotive troubleshooting software, and various internet-based applications.
- Ability to perform data analysis and make recommendations on changes to policies, procedures, processes or methods as needed.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, asset inventories and to create/analyze reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers, business partners, and leadership.
- Ability to interact with internal and external business partners supporting corporate policy, standards, processes and procedures.
- Proficient in understanding, analysis, and management of vehicle information to provide recommendations.
- Self-motivated, able to manage expectations, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and work under pressure in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Strong customer service and organization skills required.
- Works well in a team environment by supporting departmental initiatives and goals.
- Provide excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Must be at least 21 yrs. or older.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator’s License if required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Prior supervisory and lead technician experience
- ASE certified Master Technician
- Transmission, Diesel, and Hydraulic experience
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Action Oriented: Has a sense of urgency daily; is action oriented; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Technician Focus: Will seamlessly adjust leadership approaches and technique to manage a diverse set of technicians.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers/technicians in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/technicians and gains their trust and respect.
- Systems: Demonstrated ability to learn and use IT systems related to technician day to day activity and performance, such as various dispatching software, reporting tools, Workday, Salesforce, Kronos, Power BI, etc.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he disagrees.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving: Can identify problems and develop practical solutions. Able to understand internal constraints and avoid a ‘take it or leave it’ approach to problem-solving.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.