Work Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Manheim Auto Auction is looking add a Crew Leader to our Auction Team!
Manheim’s massive auction lot is your playing field. Your driving teams – rookies and pros alike – will look to you for the second-to-second strategic decisions that will catapult us into the lead by safely moving thousands of vehicles for our auctions. But that’s only a part of how you’ll drive our success.
You’ll also :
- Train new drivers and help them find their place on your tight-knit team.
- Coach and monitor all drivers on safety procedures.
- Make sure each auction is adequately staffed and assist in communicating schedules and assignments.
- Keep an auction day playbook with each Manheim vehicle stock number and lot location, ensuring each vehicle is where it should be when it needs to be.
- Collaborate with your lot manager and quadrant coordinator to move vehicles and people to ensure each auction operates like a well-oiled high-performance engine, purring smoothly, safely, and without incident.
- Transport drivers, customers, and employees to locations as needed and on schedule.
- Perform daily van maintenance, including cleaning, and routine oil changes and upkeep, on vans.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We’re asking you to be your best so we want to offer you our best .
- Career fulfillment, ample compensation, benefits, and the ability to successfully balance work with your family life is vital to living your best life.
- Also key is working as part of a culture and team that respects you, values your leadership, experience and contributions. We believe recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- For full-time roles, you’ll enjoy a market-competitive salary package including 401(k) + generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability insurance benefits, paid time off including time off to volunteer, and employee discounts, even on cars!
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Change lanes to another Cox company. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit . Cox believes in developing leaders from within our companies, and we’ll support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with free online classes, training, and mentoring programs to help you put your career into overdrive.
Who you are:
- You know the model and year of cars like the back of your hand. You’ve got a passion for cars and trucks, and being around them and people who love them gets your adrenaline pumping.
- You’re a people person, and those people listen to and instinctively trust you. You’re a natural leader with a knack for coaching others. Enthusiastic? You bet! Not to mention supportive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented. To top it off, you’re a clear communicator.
- You’re looking for more than just a job; you want a career. A place where you can grow your skills and your income. A place with opportunities. That place is Manheim, a part of Cox Automotive.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline.
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field.
Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required
- Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Basic mechanical experience (changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump-starting vehicles, etc.).
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
- Able to lift at least 15 lbs.
- This is a physically demanding, fast-paced job in a chaotic environment. You’ll need to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, reach, hear, and talk for extended times.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions, tolerate elevated noise levels and ongoing car exhaust fumes.
- Vision: ability to see close, distance, color variations, depth perception, and adjust focus.
- General knowledge of automotive lot layouts and auction operations.
- Knowledge of local roads, hotels, airports, and restaurants as you could potentially shuttle customers around the immediate area of our auction lot.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.