The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a leading media voice in the south with a rich journalism history, is seeking a Product Manager to join the AJC team.
This is a fast-paced position with multiple priorities and stakeholders and requires an individual who can work seamlessly and collaboratively with others to meet deadlines and achieve business objectives. A love for news would also be an asset to a strong candidate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong business aptitude combined with creative and strategic thinking. In order to be successful in this role, this person must also have exceptional communication skills and the ability to lead, influence, and motivate others.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will articulate a vision for your part of our consumer product portfolio, develop and socialize a roadmap and go-to-market strategies, and continuously look for the next opportunity to add value for our subscribers and earn loyalty from new audiences. You will help oversee the execution of the roadmap in an agile development environment and work with product owners, designers, and developers to iterate as additional research, testing, and discovery activities are performed.
In this position, you will:
· Define strategic priorities for rapid delivery
· Assess product performance against KPIs and make corrections to improve performance
· Partner closely with UX, market research, sales, and business stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of consumers, clients, and the competitive landscape.
· Translate stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables
· Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact to facilitate collaboration and ensure alignment
· Act as subject-matter expert for consumer products and initiatives
· Prioritize product backlog based on strategic roadmap objectives
· Thoughtfully create and deliver data and information to inform key constituents
· Make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products
· Manage feature creation collaboratively to seek agreement around requirements
· Ensure delivery team understands feature acceptance criteria and “the why”
· BA/BS and 5+ years in product management, software development, or a related field (MS+ up to 5 years or 8 years with no formal degree)
· Experience working with digital products and platforms
· Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
· Understanding of mobile app development process and launches
· Familiarity with online video processes and player design
· Experience defining products tied to Content Management Systems
· Experience working in an agile development process
· Understanding of responsive design, mobile web sites, SEO, and social media
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.