This position provides customer service, clerical assistance to office staff, compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities and handles basic data entry.
- Perform sale day administration functions including front counter, collecting & posting payments, matching titles with invoices and checks, customer service, data entry, filing and routing, etc.
- Provide quality customer service through face to face and phone support. Answer questions and provide support.
- Perform basic data entry into the AS 400 computer system and download digital image of vehicles into the system if instructed.
- Prepare, issue, and send out correspondence, bills, invoices, receipts, checks, or other documents.
- Copy data and compile records and reports. Sort and file documents.
- Operate office equipment, such as copier, fax machine, scanner, postage machine, etc.
- Answer phones, convey messages, and run errands. Greet and assist customers.
- Stamp, sort and route incoming mail and Airborne/FedEx packages and letters. Drop off and pick up mail at the U.S. Post office on a daily basis as needed.
- Prepare outgoing mail with sufficient postage and assure daily mail is posted. Prepare Airborne/FedEx labels via computer and printer.
- Assure items mailed are properly packaged, labeled and addressed, and replenish mail machine postage meter as required.
- Perform sale day administrative functions including front counter, collecting & posting payments, matching titles with invoices and checks, customer service, data entry, filing and routing, etc.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits , such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person . We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
- You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. This is a place where you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and up to 1 year of experience;
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Prior clerical or administrative experience required.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
- Must be able to operate adding machines and other office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
- Good communication and organizational skills required with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, and manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.