As a Software Engineer II on Automotive Client Insights Product team, you will write and maintain applications and systems to implement new product capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Software development
- Software quality assurance
- Software troubleshooting and testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to cloud-based platform architecture
- Decide and execute on implementation details for product features
- Collaborate to develop relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques, including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotive position as an industry leader by exploring innovative technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon : EMR, Step Functions, SQS, Lamda and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools : Terraform or Cloud Formation, NewRelic, Jenkins, Grafana, PagerDuty, GitHub
- Database : MySQL, Vertica, Oracle, DynamoDB
- Stream Processing : Kafka, Spark Streaming, Kinesis
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Team contributor to active discussion, meetings
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume data processing jobs is a plus
- Working knowledge of Spark in Hadoop is a plus
- Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies is a plus
- Experience with AWS technologies are preferred
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.