As a Senior Electrical Engineer for Cox Automotive, you will perform a variety of complex engineering duties to design, plan, and oversee the development of electric/electronic devices and systems applied to servicing EV batteries.
This position requires application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important questions. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences or disciplines. Consults supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments. Oversees, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of engineers and technicians.
Job and Responsibilities
• Design and test electrical circuits to support test and measurement of EV batteries
• Build prototypes and work with E-lab production team to build and modify electronic devices
• Oversee, coordinate, and review the work of a small staff of engineers and technicians
• Maintain and improve existing engineering processes
• Conduct research, perform diagnostics, and troubleshoot equipment
• Assist with recruitment, training, and onboarding
• Ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications
• Act as a subject matter expert regarding electrical engineering activities
• Documentation of wiring harnesses/diagrams
• Testing and debugging of hardware/firmware
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field and 7 years of experience. Alternatively, we strongly consider candidates with appropriate combined education and professional experience.
• Schematic capture and multilayer PCB design experience
• Hand soldering proficiency (PTH and SMT)
• Test Equipment proficiency (Oscilloscope, Function Gen, Multimeter, etc)
• C++ programming on embedded devices experience
• Knowledge of industry standard board design practices (IPC-2221A, UL-840)
• Experience with CAN bus and RS-485
• Experience with Power electronics design
• Experience with mixed signal circuit design
• Experience with Industrial instrumentation
• Experience with Industrial automation
• Proficient with Excel, Email, and LaTeX/Word
• Must be self-motivated
• Master of Science (M.S.) in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with Cadsoft Eagle or Altium Designer
• Machine shop experience (Lathe, Mill, Bandsaw)
• Experience with AVR Microcontrollers
• Experience with Impedance Spectroscopy
• Experience with Lithium Batteries
Variable, consisting of both the office environment and the manufacturing floor. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary footwear.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.