Senior Maintenance and Calibration Engineer - Spiers New Technologies
At Cox Automotive we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with Spiers New Technology, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We are the leading provider of services for the life cycle management of batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment where these batteries are repaired, refurbished and repurposed.
As a Senior Maintenance and Calibration Engineer for Cox Automotive, you will oversee the creation and running of the maintenance and calibration lab. You will work with Engineering to develop procedures for calibrating new and existing equipment used in the testing of EV batteries. You’ll ensure equipment is calibrated on a set schedule while minimizing production down-time.
Job and Responsibilities
- Work with Engineering to build out a calibration lab suitable for maintaining calibration of all equipment
- Design and maintain calibration procedures and operating instructions required for all maintenance and calibration tasks
- Develop documentation; calibration reports, certificates, etc.
- Investigate and source qualified subcontractors for equipment which cannot be calibrated in-house
- Maintain calibration standards
- Collect, compile, measure, and summarize data gathered during calibration
- Ensure calibration schedule is maintained to reduce machine down-time as much as possible
- Train junior engineers in calibration concepts and procedures
- Provide technical advice to other departments in the organization
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, meteorology, physics, math, or chemistry. Alternatively, we strongly consider candidates with appropriate combined education and professional experience related to metrology and calibration
- Experience running calibration lab
- Knowledge of calibration and certification principles, root cause analysis principles, and application of calibration technical data principles in the field of Metrology
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and email
Variable, consisting of both the office environment and the manufacturing floor. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary footwear.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.