It seems the job title Inspector can cover everything from investigating crime at Scotland Yard to confirming Fruit of the Looms is ready for wearing. You’ll be happy to know this Inspector job doesn’t require either of those duties. Instead, its a cool gig inspecting incoming vehicles for safety and quality before Manheim (part of the Cox family of businesses) turns them around for auction. So, if you’ve got an eye for all that’s right and wrong with everything on wheels, here’s the deal
What You’ll Do
You’re the subtle studier of scratches, the one who dusts for dents. But it’s about more than body damage. When auctioning a vehicle, everything from the A/C to the engine must be humming nicely before sale day. You help us get there, by identifying the flaws and faults, assessing repairs and costs, and documenting it all so we can turn every VIN number into a winning number.
Here’s a breakdown on how you’ll rock your role:
- Conduct an assessment of vehicle condition, noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
- Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including.
- vehicle identification data, condition description, repair cost estimates, photographs, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates #CD# adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation.
- Conduct courtesy walk-around inspections.
- Follow all applicable safety and health-related procedures.
- May be required to locate, start, and move vehicles as directed.
What’s In It For You?
- You’ll want to inspect this section closely, as we’ve done our best to provide you with the kind of incentives and opportunities that make you feel appreciated for what you do.
- You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If you’re full-time, there’s tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more).
- You’ll work in a culture that truly values your role and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to uplift those who help make us successful every day. You’ll be part of an organization where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives!
- Boundless career opportunities. Cox provides lateral and upward movement across a diverse family of businesses from automotive and broadband communications to cleantech and esports. Well, support you on your journey to explore your passions and evolve your plan. Wherever your vision takes you, we’ll help you get there. And, in this role, as you grow your skills there are advanced Inspector roles potentially waiting for you.
- Become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. Diversity Inc. recently named Cox a Top 3 Company for Philanthropy (2019). This is a place you can feel good about working in because you’ll be a part of growing the good in the communities where we work and live.
- We hope your inspection was a positive one and you found no missing parts of this list of the ways we’ll reward you for your outstanding work.
- Who You Are
- If the devil truly is in the details, you’ll find him, because you’re all about the details. You’re the kind of person who straightens a crooked picture because your eye tells you how it needs to be. Multi-tasking? Multi-yes! You’re comfy behind the wheel of all kinds of vehicles and equally at ease with getting down (or up) to study all angles of any given set of wheels.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Generally, less than 2 years of experience.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and able to multi-task.
- General knowledge of mechanical and automotive bodywork.
- Previous body shop and mechanical experience.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb.
- Vision requirements: close, distance, depth perception, and color
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.