The Sr. Manager, Data Infrastructure and Governance will play a pivotal role in developing a data infrastructure and governance strategy to inform and guide the overarching People Analytics strategy to deliver robust people analytic solutions that help drive key talent and business decisions.
Reporting to the AVP, People Analytics, this role requires an innovative and experienced leader with the confidence and capability to develop and lead a small but impactful team with oversight of data governance based on data strategy with a customer centric approach. You'll oversee the governing data changes per stewardship rules, such as data standards, security, quality, driving stewardship rule improvements, analyzing data, and providing data quality insights to support business-critical insights across the organization.
The leader in this role must have a track record of successfully managing a successful team of analysts, largescale reporting initiatives, and holding accountable multi-level stakeholders in a diverse, distributed organization with a broad portfolio, in a complex change management environment.
- Create governance and ensure adherence of confidential HR data management: quality, operations, storage, reference and master data, data standards, security, vendor governance, metadata
- Provide thought leadership and counsel, governing how HR data reporting and analytics are managed within HR and across other functions
- Understand and manage expectations of business stakeholders relating to data aspects of technology implementations; help stakeholders understand options, trade-offs, and implications of key data decisions and lead cross-functional alignment
- Partner closely with HR technology and IBT to build data infrastructure; define, recommend, and implement strategic data initiatives that elevate availability, usability, and cleanliness of our enterprise data
- Act as security gate keeper, reviewing and approving access requests to various types of data, leading across HR functional areas to govern HR data and security standards
- Provide guidance and recommendations related to data security and quality assurance.
- Prioritize and support existing high profile HR Data Science projects with an eye towards technology and increase usability of data assets
- Oversee the modelling and naming standards, and data harmonization, metadata management, and source-to-target data mapping documentation
- Ensures compliance in data governance frameworks and policies to maintain data quality, integrity, and security
- Stay current on evolving technologies, tools, and methodologies providing recommendations to People Analytics leadership
- Direct the implementation of advanced techniques, including predictive modeling, machine learning, and statistical analytics
- Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices
- Leads and builds a team of professionals, including setting direction, providing feedback, managing performance, and providing development
- Provide guidance on project prioritization, resource allocation, and career development
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS with 8+ years of professional experience in significant technical experience in an dashboards and reporting centric functional area, preferably in HR or equivalent combination of education and experience (MS with 6 years experience OR PhD with 3 years experience).
- Masters degree in quantitative field preferred
- 3+ years previous management experience supervising a high performing people analytics/data governance team preferred
- Excellent leadership and partnering skills required (partnering and leading peers and colleagues with no formal authority, influence without authority)
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking required; ability to link People Analytics reporting with business outcomes
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to adapt to different levels within the organization
- Must possess an excellent ability to identify sources from advanced analytics to define paths and realize value
- Proven to have a deep understanding of fundamental machine-learning principles and familiar with machine-learning technologies and tools. Possesses strong leadership competencies including verbal and written communication and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong consultative skills and ability to make persuasive recommendations based on business rationale at the executive level
- Strong executive presence; ability to partner closely with Divisional leadership at multiple levels
- Ability and capacity for self-direction as well as the ability to work within various project teams
- Possesses the ability to draw insights using data and to make meaningful business recommendations
- The integrity, maturity, and respect to handle and advise on extremely confidential, sensitive employee data
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple and conflicting priorities
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.