Perform vehicle inspections and prepare related documentation of overall vehicle condition in support of the processing and sale of client/customer consigned vehicles in lane and online.
* Level is determined by performance and mastery of knowledge and skills measured through the Inspector Certification Program (ICP)
- Verify vehicle identification.
- Enter basic vehicle identification information into the database.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and options and document results.
- Assess and database enter any exterior vehicle damage.
- Inspect and enter the condition of vehicle interior, tires, frame and mechanical components.
- Complete and verify data entry in support of documentation of vehicle condition.
- Perform post sale inspections (PSI) and enter results in appropriate database.
- Perform and document walk around inspections in support of online vehicle exchange (OVE) process.
- Review completed vehicle condition reports with inspectors – confirm and provide advice regarding report results.
- Attend meetings to share and receive job-related information and complete training requirements.
New Hire Sign-On Bonus * $1,500 Sign-on bonus*
Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Generally, less than 2 years’ experience in a related field Minimal knowledge of automotive body & mechanical work
- 0-1 years of body shop, mechanical, claims adjuster or estimating experience
- Must pass Inspector Certification Exam within 90 days.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to multitask and must be detail orientated.
- Experience in navigating handheld and other documentation devices preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to crouch, bend, and kneel to look at the side or underneath the car. Strength to lift hood or trunk. Bend while performing audits. Reach inside or underneath the vehicle.
- Willingness to work in the elements.
- Near vision abilities required to find dings and scratches, paintwork, hail damage, frame/unibody, other exterior damage and Interior damage. Able to identify exterior or interior colors.
- Ability to deal with different lighting (i.e., exterior and interior lighting, natural and artificial light)
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.