Our customers are the lifeblood of our business. In this role, you are the last line of defense, and the reason our customers stay with us.
Through building meaningful relationships through each customer interaction, you’ll be able to retain, upgrade and/or add new services.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career where you’ll use your persuasive skillset to help our customers rediscover the value of their Cox services, this role will do exactly that. Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, may be the place for you and we’re hiring a Customer Retention Representative
The Customer Retention Representative is a full-time position currently working in the office. Upon completion of training and ramp-up period, there is a possibility to have flexible hybrid / work from home options long-term, based on business needs. This is a highly consultative sales opportunity . Call center hours of operation are 7am – 10pm, Mon – Fri and 8am – 8pm, Sat. We have a shift bid process that you will go through before you are finished with the training program.
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual salary amount of $51,558. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.00 and target commission is $1,700 a month. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings.
You must live within the area of Oklahoma City, Ok and be willing to train and work in the call center after graduation.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll take calls from customers who are considering downgrading or disconnecting, listening to their concerns and steering them toward solutions so that we can turn the corner on their experience with us
- You’ll have transparent conversations to help customers understand the value of existing Cox products and services while uncovering the need to add additional products and services.
- Along the way, you’ll also reaffirm the needs of each customer’s household and influence or solidify the why Cox products and services satisfy their needs.
- You’ll upsell, cross-sell, and work to retain every customer with whom you interact
- You’ll negotiate pricing and identify new opportunities while actively engaging in conversation about our competitors and the value Cox provides (following company guidelines, of course)
- You’ll use our customer database to tailor solutions and help customers understand their billing
What’s In It For You?
How do we retain our Retention Reps? Well, when it comes to our employees, we understand that keeping you onboard begins with keeping you happy. Here are just a few ways we do our best to keep you here:
Who You Are
You’re a persistent and resilient individual, who understands that change is a part of every salesperson’s life, and you not only adapt, but look forward to change. You’re driven and influential, utilizing those skills of persuasion to negotiate with customers and help them find products and services that fit their needs while maintaining revenue. You understand that value is the most important part of any sales offer, and you’re not afraid to talk about price or the competition, because you know your offer has value. You’re a self-starter, who has a familiarity with technology. Your sales approach is consultative because you understand that the customer doesn’t always know what’s available to them, so digging deep and understanding their needs is more valuable than just taking their order.
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams
- Excellent ability to persuade others through indirect influence
- Ability to seek out opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment
- Ability to establish customer relationships in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- 1+ years in a sales quota or retention environment
- 2+ years’ experience in related field (i.e. Retail, Training, Indirect Sales, etc.)
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.