Cox Enterprises seeks a talented individual for their summer IT Intern position.
Responsibilities of the IT Intern include (but not limited to):
- Tasks requiring creation of written documents in support of new processes, technical design or implementation.
- Contribute ideas to help the technology organization innovate ways to meet the company’s business needs
- Assisting in the compilation and analysis of data for presentation to upper management.
- Assisting with build-out of new Linux and Windows servers both on premise and in the Cloud.
- Assisting with discovery and implementation of new Cloud tools and Cloud Operations concepts and process.
- Introductory-level Linux and Windows computer administration tasks under the supervision of experienced system administrators.
- Introductory-level Database (both Oracle and SQL) administration tasks under the supervision of experienced database administrators.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- College student pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer-Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
- Strong basic computer skills and knowledge of desktop PC based systems and mobile devices
- Must possess excellent communication and organization skills; professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamically changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working independently and relying upon judgement in carrying out responsibilities
- Technical ability to work in a multi-platform environment
- Familiarity working with the Linux and/or Windows Operation System
- Understanding of the Azure and/or AWS Cloud concepts and capabilities
- Working knowledge of server and application technologies such as Windows, Linux, VMWare as well as compute services in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Oracle etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, New Relic, SQL and Oracle Databases
- Hands on experience using Ansible, YAML, JSON, or XML
- Experience with concepts such as Cloud Computing, Agile, ITSM, DevOps
Intern/Co-Op sessions are considered temporary employment. No full-time employment commitments are made. However, depending on our business needs, some interns may be considered for a full-time position following the conclusion of the session conditioned upon the intern graduating from their academic program and being available to commence full-time employment at a specified time.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.