At Cox Automotive, we are forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world.
Come build a better future with EV Battery Solutions, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We are the leading provider of services for the life cycle management of batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment where these batteries are repaired, refurbished, and repurposed.
Supervisory Status: This position will not have any direct reports but will work with various department heads and stakeholders throughout all company locations.
- Review vendor automation systems specifications / scope documentation and validate systems design with Integrator
- Standardize automation systems
- Initiate and lead automation systems obsolescence conversions
- Create, automation sequence of operation, process flow diagram, and ensure design meets requirement
- Design/overview system layouts, schematics, and control devices
- Drives the right technology choices for automation and presents the technology roadmap for both immediate and long-term growth
- Combines deep process engineering understanding and machine learning capability to create scalable controls and manufacturing solutions
- Takes the business problems and derives to a technology solution that may encompass one or more products and services, ensuring it aligns with business objectives and fits into the technology roadmap of the organization
- Responsible for the development of the standard software and hardware architecture(s) for all automation projects and will work with multiple teams for coordinated implementation
- Develops and implements the manufacturing vision, strategy/technology roadmap that supports the convergence of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Mobilize leadership to develop and prioritize digital transformation roadmap across functions (Operations, R&D, Quality, Planning, and Logistics)
- Lead and drive implementation of Industry 4.0 / IIoT solutions including taking the lead on technical design, development, and validation of a variety of IIoT proof-of-concept use-cases
- Manage automation group, process control, manufacturing execution system (MES) and resources according to corporate strategies, standards and specifications.
- Continuously improve the operation, driving innovation, including the utilization of new technology and automation with effective utilization of capital and return on investment
- Develop strategic operating procedures that support business objectives and evaluate new or improved operating methods, technology, equipment, facility design, and layout
- Exhibit leadership qualities that move the business forward through the collective talents and efforts of self and others
- Demonstrate data as strategic asset within respective business functions
- Coordinate and prioritize digitalization initiatives across the operations business
- 7+ years of relevant experience, required.
- Experience in the EV Battery space or Automotive experience, preferred
- Education/Degree/Specific Experience Requirements: BS/BA degree in related discipline, required and an advanced degree, preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- The ability to pass and maintain a clear background and drug test.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 50% to all company locations
Work Environment: This position will primarily work in a climate-controlled office building but will spend time in warehouse facilities and outside.
- This position primarily consists of office work such as talking, sitting, working at a computer but may include physical aspects such as lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, bending, stooping and good dexterity.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times with or without assistance.
- Reasonable accommodation can be requested to enable employees with a disability to perform the essential functions of their job.
The job details included here are intended to provide a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.