- Represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days —promotes services such as Manheim Certified, accept and solicits reserve numbers from Dealers, up sells products and services, etc.
- Works with lane, department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day also responsible for ensuring vehicles are re‐ran if needed.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all sale day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in‐lane sales.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and Manheim.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding setting of floor prices prior to every sale and educate dealers if needed to MMR. This will guarantee success of a dealer’s in-lane and online offerings and ensure Manheim sets realistic dealer expectations on selling cars.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with dealers over the phone, online and at the Auction through planned contact and meetings, as well as feedback sessions regarding Auction and online use and services.
- Serve as initial contact for buyers and sellers.
- Solicit inventory and offer additional services to all buyers (PSIs, recon, CRs).
- Identify sold units and facilitate transactions through completion to include but not limited to the following:
- Monitor notifications generated online (e.g., purchase confirmation).
- Confirm availability and location of vehicle (and title) at the time of sale.
- Generate and maintain required documentation for all transactions (e.g., Auction Bill of Sale, Gate Release).
- Work with manager to ensure a consistent and effective online and in-lane customer experience, appropriate transaction processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Walk vehicles for/with account representative and make recommendations for reconditioning to increase vehicle value
- Reviews vehicles in sales line‐up, locates missing vehicles, and works with customers and operations to ensure that vehicles are prepared for sale (i.e., approval for repairs, frame checks, mileage, and VIN check).
- Coordinates with Recon shops to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner Works closely with vehicle check‐in and lot operations to ensure all work is completed on dealer vehicles (i.e., recon, inspections, details, etc.).
- Contacts inside support if units are pulled from the sale or online for work not being completed or mechanical issues so this can be communicated to the customer.
- Work with lot operations and quadrant coordinators to ensure appropriate scanning and organization of account vehicles.
- Review vehicles in sale line up, locate missing vehicles, and work with account representative to ensure vehicles are ready for sale.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline.
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
- 1 - 3 years of Auction experience or 2 - 4 years of dealership experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in sales support role desired.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills, including the ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and depth perception.
Through groundbreaking technology and a commitment to stellar experiences for drivers and dealers alike, Cox Automotive employees are transforming the way the world buys, owns, sells – or simply uses – cars. Cox Automotive employees get to work on iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book and industry-leading dealer-facing companies like vAuto and Manheim, all while enjoying the people-centered atmosphere that is central to our life at Cox. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.